Signs Your Alternator Is Bad
The alternator plays a key role in the smooth operation of your vehicle by charging the battery and powering the electrical system. It’s important to be aware of signs that your alternator is bad so you can replace it as soon as possible.
1. Dim or Flickering Lights: When your alternator is going bad, one of the first signs is dim or flickering interior lights. This is because the alternator is responsible for providing power to your vehicle’s electrical system.
2. Warning Lights: If your vehicle’s alternator is going bad, it will usually cause the battery light to come on. This light indicates that the alternator is not charging the battery correctly.
3. Dead Battery: If your alternator is bad, the battery will eventually run out of charge and be unable to power your vehicle. This can be a sign that your alternator is not functional.
4. Strange Noises: If your alternator is worn out, it can produce strange noises such as whining or buzzing. This sound is usually caused by the alternator’s internal components wearing down over time.
5. Burning Smell: If your alternator is going bad, it can cause a burning smell. This smell is usually caused by the alternator’s internal components overheating.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s important to have your alternator checked out by a qualified Chico mechanic as soon as possible. If your alternator is bad, it’s important to replace it as soon as possible in order to prevent any other issues.
Buddy started his auto career journey at Butte College and started his own auto repair company in 2007. Since then he has worked on countless cars, diagnosing, repairing, and replacing worn, faulty, and broken parts.
After a few years, he moved to a bigger shop to accommodate his growth and to better serve the Chico, CA community. It’s a family-owned & operated business.
Outside of work Buddy enjoys spending time with his family and playing softball is one of his many passions.