Why Do I Need To Change My Car Oil?
Your car’s oil is one of the most important components of its engine. As your car is used, the oil begins to break down and become contaminated with dirt and debris. This can cause the engine to work harder, reducing its efficiency and increasing the likelihood of engine failure. Regular oil changes are essential for keeping your engine running smoothly and efficiently.
Oil changes help to keep your engine clean and free of dirt and debris, which can lead to clogged filters and even engine failure. The oil also helps to lubricate the engine’s components, which can help to extend the life of the engine. Additionally, it helps to reduce friction between the engine’s moving parts, which can help to reduce wear and tear.
Oil also helps to cool the engine, which can help it to run more efficiently and reduce the risk of overheating. Changing your oil regularly can also help to reduce emissions, as oil that is older and more contaminated can produce more pollutants.
Finally, changing your oil regularly can help to maintain the resale value of your vehicle. A car with a clean engine that is well maintained is more likely to fetch a higher price when it comes time to sell.
Overall, regular oil changes are essential for keeping your engine running smoothly and efficiently. Doing so can help to extend the life of your engine, reduce emissions, and maintain the resale value of your vehicle.
Benefits Of Regular Oil Changes
1. Improved fuel economy: Regular oil changes help keep your engine running smoothly and efficiently, which can improve fuel economy and reduce emissions.
2. Enhanced engine performance: By changing your oil regularly, you can help ensure your engine is running at peak performance. This will help keep your car running smoothly and reduce the risk of engine failure.
3. Longer engine life: By changing your oil regularly, you can help extend the life of your engine. This can save you money in the long run by preventing costly repairs.
4. Better lubrication: Regular oil changes help ensure that all the moving parts in your engine are properly lubricated, which can reduce engine wear and tear.
5. Cleaner engine: When you change your oil, all the dirt and debris that has built up in the engine over time is removed. This will help keep your engine clean and running smoothly.
keep your vehicle running with routine maintenance
1. Change the oil and oil filter every 3,000-5,000 miles.
2. Replace air and fuel filters regularly.
3. Check and replace spark plugs as needed.
4. Check and replace belts and hoses as needed.
5. Check and top off all fluids regularly.
6. Check and adjust tire pressure regularly.
7. Check and clean battery connections regularly.
8. Rotate tires every 5,000-7,000 miles.
9. Check and replace brake pads, rotors, and shoes as needed.
10. Have the brakes and suspension system inspected regularly.
When you need an oil change in Chico, you should bring your vehicle to Tedious Repairs!
Buddy started his auto career journey at Butte College and started his own auto repair company in 2007. Since then he has worked on countless cars, diagnosing, repairing, and replacing worn, faulty, and broken parts.
After a few years, he moved to a bigger shop to accommodate his growth and to better serve the Chico, CA community. It’s a family-owned & operated business.
Outside of work Buddy enjoys spending time with his family and playing softball is one of his many passions.